Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun!

I'm been asking myself this question: Where does the time go? I've finished another school year, gotten a year older, gone on vacation, and traveled with a bunch of teachers to Austin for four days since I last blogged. That doesn't mention the countless hours I've spent reading, playing Wii, taking naps, and hanging out with my hubby and pups. So, I guess I have an answer for where the time goes!!

Part of my vaca was visiting with Melissa, Jason, and Maddi. I took some great pics but have yet to upload them to my computer. =) Stephen and I also visited with my folks and first-born (isn't that better than oldest?) sister and her hubby. It was a week-long trip, packed with lots of stuff to do, and we had a good time. Mom and Dad even tried to teach me how to can peaches! I'm not sure how much of the technique I learned, but I'm truly enjoying the fruits of the labor!! LOL I tried a Paula Dean recipe for peach cobbler, and it was so yummy! Of course, with Paula, it had a whole stick of butter in it. Yikes!

So, do you want to know what made me sit down to type this morning? I'm procrastinating on my summer reading. I've got a new teaching assignment this year. I'll be teaching 8th grade ELA and Engish I (9th grade). For both of these classes, there is summer reading. I've completed The Hobbit for 8th grade and now need to reread Animal Farm. Let's just say, I've read three pages, and here I am. *sigh* I got into reading The Hobbit b/c I had read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and knew a lot of the story. I've read AF before, but I didn't enjoy it so much. I think I need to do some research on the history of Russian politics in order for it all to make sense.

You know, there is a saying that you learn something best when you have to teach it to someone else. I'm off to go wander the World Wide Web to find out what I can. Here's praying that time continues to fly!

2 comments:

Lori Stilger said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BLOGGED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Hello, sweet sister! You're mentioned in MY blog today.
I LOVE YOU, Kelli. I don't blame you for not wanting to read that book - and you have to make your kids read it. UGH. :D
Have a wonderful day - BE BLESSED!!!!!!!

Lori Stilger said...

:::::::::::knocking on screen:::::::::::
This thing seems to be frozen. :D
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!!!!!!!