Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Can't Wait!

This week has been all about TAKS testing in the state of Texas. My school has not had the best track record with the tests, but I really think our kids were ready to shine this year. It's hard to wait for the results, but I know we've done everything we could to prepare so a few more weeks won't kill me. Speaking of preparation... I know I've prepared myself for when Christ comes, but what have I done for my kids?? Prayers for their strength during the test are not enough, so I've started praying for their salvation and their integrity as they show the love of God to others around them. I even helped start a prayer group at school (for the staff and faculty) this week. There were only a few people there, but where two or more are gathered...I could feel Christ there! We prayed for our kiddos and decided to bless one a month with gift cards. So far, we have four donations and almost a hundred dollars raised. How exciting!! We'll be giving the cards with a verse in a God Bless You card. We're doing it all annonymously, so shhhh! I can't wait 'til next school year when we'll be able to do this from the very beginning!!

1 comment:

Lori Stilger said...

Oh, Kelli! I SO can't wait to hear how God uses your group to bless the kids!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you're blogging - I personally think our family has a lot to share. ;D
I'm SO glad you're here. I will be checking every now and then to see what you're up to! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!